Villelaure



Villelaure, rural village of 3,025 inhabitants it is part of the Luberon Regional Natural Park.
It lies between 159 m and 369 m above sea level amidst a beautiful and generous nature. Here melons and asparagus grown with happiness.

History:

Ruins discovered on the town attests to a Roman presence. The village takes its name from a large villa that time: Villa Laura (around 175 AP. J-C.).

From the second half of the fourteenth century Villelaure, like the rest of the Pays d'Aigues, was struck by the ravages of the Black Death and various conflicts caused by the succession of Queen Jeanne.
On February 13, 1459 decision of King René, Villelaure is attached to Pertuis.
In 1512, 19 families from neighboring villages and Piedmont are established on the town.
The village, populated by Vaud, was burned April 18, 1545, fortunately  people have time to flee.
In 1582, peace was restored and Villelaure rebuilt.

To see:

Parish Church of St. Mark (1620, restored in 1909).
Remains of Castle Trésémines.
Floor mosaic of a Gallo-Roman period (c. 175 AD)

in the property La Tuilière.
The castle Verdier.
The Chapel Saint-Marc.
The old houses of the village.

The weekly market takes place on Thursday.


Go to:

Ansouis
Cucuron
La Motte d'Aigues
Mérindol
Puget sur Durance
Vaugines
Beaumont de Pertuis
Grambois
La Tour d'Aigues
Mirabeau
Puyvert
Vitrolles en Luberon
Cabrières d'Aigues
La Bastide des Jourdans
Lauris
Pertuis
St Martin de la Brasque
Cadenet
La Bastidonne
Lourmarin
Peypin d'Aigues
Sannes

Rechercher:

Paradou 2017

Sortir:

Le Luberon 31, rue Giraud 84120 Pertuis
Le Cigalon Cours Pourrieres 84160 Cucuron
Théâtre de Pertuis, du Luberon et du Val de Durance
Cinéma d'art et d'essai itinerant la Strada
Prism formation conseil entreprise