"La Bastide des Jourdans" is part of the Township of Pertuis, it is located at 428 m above sea level and has 1211 inhabitants.
It is next to an old Roman road where in 1027
the priory of Saint-Pierre de Pomerol
(today transformed into an agricultural building)
became established in the territory.
The Templars settled in their
Commanderie Limaye in 1176; the ruins
are still visible near the farm of Limaye.
La Bastide itself was founded in the thirteenth century by the knights Pierre and Guillaume Jourdans.
A curiosity of the village is a salt water well located in the hamlet of Notre Dame, where the priory has been since the fourteenth century.
-Remains of the castle of the XIII.
-Remains of the city walls of the fourteenth century ,
which two remaining doors.
-Church of the XIV th. century.
-Chapel Notre Dame de la Cavalry Limaye.
-Chapel of St-Pierre Pomerols.
The surrounding with a low relief allows easy walks and pleasant walking and cycling.